Wednesday, 21 March 2012

My first award!

Hello hello! How nice to see some new folks have joined us too - welcome to you all :)
It has been a very busy week here so far, and it's still only Tuesday (ok technically Wednesday morning!) ... First off my brilliant friend Lori at Hippywitch Crafts has given me my first blog award!

Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. There are a few conditions for accepting it:
  1.  Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
  2.  Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
  4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
Now I'm pretty new at this whole blog thing so I don't have a huge reading list (so far) and I've never really paid that much attention to how many followers the blogs I enjoy reading have! It was quite tricky finding five that have less than 200 followers but here goes:




I hope you will visit their blogs & enjoy what you find there! So now on to the last part, share five random facts about myself.... hmmm....
  1. I LOVE dragons!!! (ok so you might have guessed that one!)
  2. My favorite color is purple
  3. I was on a children's program on Canadian TV one time when I was four
  4. I love the snow!
  5. The first job I ever dreamed of doing as a little girl was writing stories
Well there you are! I want to share some other recent happenings with you but that will have to wait for another day. Thank you for dropping by & I wish you all a lovely week ahead :)

5 comments:

  1. Hello
    Just found your blog.
    Congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Milly!
      Welcome! I hope you will enjoy visiting here :)
      Thank you for your comment, have a great day!
      Helen

      Delete
  2. Glad to give you the first of many I'm sure :-) Oooo you were on the telly!

    love Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you ;)
      I have no idea what the program was called but I do remember being asked where I came from & winning a huge cake covered in green frosting for being the kid in the studio who had traveled from the furthest away!
      Have a great week :)
      love Helen xxx

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the award and thank you for thinking of me too! It's a great way to find new blogs....as if I have time to read any more !!! lol
    Thanks again!

    Rhona

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!