Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Spring is springing!

Hello there & welcome!
Another busy busy week here but still too many things I can't share with you yet - next week I will have some new things for you to look at I promise ;-) In the mean time I can show you an update on the Ripply Goodness blanket.
When I started it I had planned on having it as a throw on our smaller couch with the ripples running horizontally, so I made it to fit across the width of that couch & measured the length of the throw we have on there at the moment to work out how long to ripple for. But now we have two kittens exploring outside & bringing it all back in with them (!) I have realised how much more time that throw spends going through the washing machine. As you can see they think the couches belong to them & I don't see that changing (that is Felix in the corner of picture below), so I decided to see what the ripples looked like the other way round on the bigger couch.
 This way round they won't really be sat on. What do you think? I think it looks pretty good this way round & actually will probably end up the perfect length for the space! I decided to reverse the colors from the center & have got up to the broad band of purple so you can see how much I have left to do. I am still totally loving making this but am restricting myself to only working on it at weekends as a special treat! (Less calories than a chocolate bar!) I have had a request for another one when this one is finished, one of my boys wants one so I will have fun playing with a different palette of colors :) I'm rather pleased actually because otherwise it would be akin to reading a very good book - you don't want to put it down but then you don't want to finish it too quickly either! If you fancy making your own Ripply Goodness then you can find the pattern here http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/neat-ripple-pattern.html at Lucy's awesome award winning blog!

Another thing I can share with you today is Outside. I had been hoping for some sunshine last week to photograph the crocuses in the garden but it was persistently grey, wet, & miserable. Not very Spring-like is it?
I should add that this is a view of the field at the bottom of our garden, not our actual garden! I did manage to capture a few shots in between the showers though...



I just love how they open up to drink in the sunshine! Despite the gloomy weather there are plenty of other signs of spring out there. These little drumstick primulas are pushing their way up through the bark under the rowan tree at the bottom of the garden.
 These little Tete-a-tete daffodils are always the first to bloom & manage to look cheerful even covered in rain drops!
The first spring after we planted the hedge my daughter & I rounded up all the little daffodils we could find around the garden & replanted them along the base of the hedge. I'm so glad we did because every year I love seeing their bright heads popping up down the length of the garden. It signals Spring & the garden waking from it's winter slumber :)
I will try & photograph some more new life beginning to appear out there this week to share with you all, no doubt I'll be running in & out between the rain showers! Until then thank you so much for dropping by, I hope you have a lovely week :)




8 comments:

  1. Love reading what's going on with you and seeing your terrific pictures! Thanks for sharing. God bless. Aunt Mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a great week, God Bless x

      Delete
  2. Lovely throw, and lovely flowers. It is so good to see spring isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dvorah, oh yes I'm sooooo ready for Spring!

      Delete
  3. The blanket is look fabulous! I think I may have to start one myself! And it looks great on the sofa. Lovely spring photos, especially the spring crocus. To answer your question on my blog, the ami eyes were from this Etsy seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/situer?ref=ss_profile They come from Hong Kong so they took 3 weeks to a month to arrive but it was worth it! I had been looking for a pair of 16mm green eyes for an ami I'm planning to make and I could only find the right shade in this set of eight different coloured pairs, so I bought them. I'm glad I did now as they came in very handy for the monsters! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! Oh yes you should definitely go for it :) Thank you for the link I will have to get some ordered, who knew it would be so hard to get decent ami eyes? Your monsters are gorgeous, have a great week! Helen xx

      Delete
  4. I always loved doing the ripple, but I've always been one too afraid to change colors...I love yours, it looks so soft and comfie, probably why your fuzzies love it so much! lol...beautiful flowers and once again you are great at writing! Looking forward to your next blog! Cath xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy ;) I guess with all the color changing in the amis I learnt to do that one early on. Oh & it is very snuggly, I have people trying to take it off me to sit under it while I work on it lol have a great week! Helen xox

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!