Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Monthly Makes - March

Hello! Before we get any further into April I thought I should post my March collage. Looking at it I realise there are several items in it that I haven't previously gotten around to sharing with you - sorry, I don't know where March ran away to! So first off is the card I made for hubbie for our wedding anniversary:
We were obviously thinking along the same lines because this is the one he bought for me:
Isn't that cute? He bought me chocolate, a beautiful tin with chocolate chip cookies in, & came home with flowers too! Talk about spoilt huh? I need to find just the right crafty things to keep in the tin but for now it is sitting on the piano where I keep looking at it & smiling ;)
 I made him another Somebunny to Love to join the collection (well two bunnies actually) & due to a few other things it wasn't finished and framed until a few days (well ok a week) after our anniversary. He didn't mind, he loves them whenever they arrive he says ;) The design is called "Pot Luck" and was in a Crossstitcher magazine a few years back.
 My other big finish of the month was the Ripply Goodness throw.
I think I have mentioned a few times how much I have loved making this, but it is nice to look across & see it on the couch & even nicer to snuggle under it! At some point I shall be making more of these with different colors as the requests from family are mounting up, but I'm planning on starting a different kind of blanket soon, I have some ideas floating around in my head but I'm determined to finish off a couple of other projects before starting something new...
I have nearly finished the baby blanket, all 80 squares are complete & now I'm working on joining them all up. Hopefully I will be able to show you a finished pic of this one soon :-)
Another first this month was the two sympathy cards I made for my mom's cousins on the passing of their mom (my great aunt). I really wasn't sure about sending handmade cards but just couldn't find anything I liked in the shops. My great aunt was not at all religious & any other cards I saw had really inappropriate words so I got my stamps out & had a play. My great aunt loved nature, studied geology, & was one of two people in my childhood who had a great love of gardening which influenced me so I thought these designs were appropriate.

I have also been making Easter cards, I can share some of them with you here now, but the rest will need to wait until next week. In fact I still have a couple left to make so am off to go get on with them. I will leave you with my March collage (hopefully the pic stays put this time!) - have a great week!


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It does seem to mount up when you look at it like this doesn't it?!

      Delete
  2. Lovely round up! The ripple blanket looks fantastic and I love all the cards. The sympathy ones are really lovely, I'm sure they were appreciated. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I've learnt LOADS making my first blanket but there's something very satisfying about snuggling under a blanket you made yourself so I'm looking forward to learning more on the next one... Helen x

      Delete
  3. Busy month! Love the tin!!! He done good finding that and filled with biscuits too, can't lose :-)
    Gorgeous cards, the sympathy ones are perfect. I loved my gorgeous Easter card, thank you so much!
    I can see why the blanket is getting requests now, it turned out so pretty
    Lori xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've filled the tin with my every day stitching kit so I have an excuse to leave it lying around the place lol
      Glad you like the card ;) Thank you for my beautiful butterfly one - it's next to the lovely flowers one you sent me!
      Helen xxx

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!