Monday, 9 July 2012

Cards & WIP progress

Hello there! Today I have some birthday cards that I can share with you now they have reached their intended destinations. 
Firstly, a card for one of my uncles in Canada...
I used plain white paper with various colors of ink pads & my big ink blending brushes (which are kinda like blusher brushes) to make the multicolored background. I stamped it with some stamps from my stash & matted it twice, firstly on a pale green pearlescent card & then on a dark green paper. Finally I mounted it on a plain white 5"x7" card.
My brother's eldest celebrates her birthday on the same day as my uncle & I made this card for her...
For this one I had a play with some vellum & an embossing grid which were the free gift on one of the card making magazines a little while ago. I hadn't tried this technique before & I was quite pleased with the resulting little butterflies! I colored them on the reverse with watercolor pencils as the magazine suggested - I think I will be playing with this again ;-) I glued the butterflies along their bodies only to a patterned blue paper so that they looked like they had just landed - NOTE: do not use PVA glue to stick vellum, it crinkles horribly & I had to start again :0 I used my Martha Stewart glue pen second time round which worked fine. I matted this on a tan paper & then a dark turquoise paper & cut along three sides of the rectangle with edging scissors. I used double sided sticky tape to secure a length of turquoise patterned ribbon down one side & attached it all to a dark pink card. Using a corner punch I punched flowers in the bottom corners of the card & added a silver peel-off for the greeting.
Number three was for a friends' daughter who celebrated a special birthday last week...
I used my Pazzle to cut out the numbers & glued them onto some mirrored card from my stash. Using a pink ink pad I stamped cupcakes on the pink card & the greeting on some cream card. I found a piece of darker pink ribbon in my ribbon draw & wrapped it round the mirrored card before attaching it to the pink card. I used a punch to round the corners of the greeting & mounted it using sticky fixers. I rounded two corners of the pink card in the same way & finished it off with dark green Candis in the four corners. 
Just as I was about to clear away for the day my daughter asked me if I could make a card for one of her friends. This is a girl who loves baking so this chipboard diecut sprang to mind!
I used a couple of coordinating papers wrapped with two different ribbons at the top & the bottom for Tatty Teddy & his butterfly friend to sit on. The corners were rounded with the punch as before. I stamped the greeting in a blue ink & mounted it & the butterfly using sticky fixers. Then it really was time to clear up & go cook supper!
Just before I go today I thought I would show you how my stitchy WIP (Work In Progress) is coming along...
This last week I managed to spend a couple of evenings stitching & finally got the moon finished! YAY! I also got some more of the back stitching done, but as this is dark grey it doesn't really show up until you're pretty close up to it... Lots more backstitching & the border to tackle in the coming week - I will take another photo next Sunday to show you how far I get with it...
Well the chores are calling me so time to go... I hope you have a lovely week, thank you so much for taking the time to stop by & visit me today! 



2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Helen and wow, that dragon is looking fabulous!!! Have a great day, Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Have a great weekend :)
      Helen x

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!