Friday, 27 July 2012

Playing with stamps & markers :-)

Hello there! Today I would like to share with you some of the things I have been working on when I have been upstairs keeping out of the way of the DIY...
I had a few birthday cards to make & decided to have a play with some of the new stamps I bought on last months' trip to Sunderland. This first one is for a young girl I have never met (& in all likelihood never will!), I think a lot of us have people in that category in our lives & I personally find it very hard to know what kind of card to do for them so I hope she likes it...
The next two were easier, this one is for one of my sister's-in-law...
 ...and this is for a dear Auntie in Canada who I really wish lived closer so I could give her these flowers in person...
I have also been working on a new crochet project. I know, I'd said I wasn't starting anything new until I'd finished something BUT... the old bathmat is dying & I wondered if I could come up with something to replace it using some of the lovely cotton yarn I brought back from the States last summer... (any excuse huh?!) The colors go just perfectly with the new pale blue painted walls & I was rattling along LOVING every minute of these hexagons when I realised something... there is no way I have enough yarn!!! I can't find anything comparable locally but have started investigating a lead online so hopefully this will (one day) become our new bathroom mat...
I have been working on the dragon too & have finally finished all the stitching - YAY!!! Here he is drying off after his wash, hopefully he will get his beads this weekend...
I plan on making him into a wall hanging so I guess I better start looking at what I will need for that! I hope you have a lovely weekend whatever you are up to, thank you for dropping by today :)

6 comments:

  1. Oooo gorgeous bath mat, hope the yarn does become available so you can get it finished! The colours are beautiful together.
    The cards are gorgeous, I love the one for your aunt so pretty.
    Well done again on getting the stitching done on dragon, he looks fabulous :-)
    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori, I have found a UK yarn that will work with what I have so it's back to the hexagons now! Have a great weekend,
      Helen xxx

      Delete
  2. Those crochet hexagons look fab - love the colours. If you let me know the make and colours of the yarn I could see if I can get it here for you.
    And as for the dragon - wow!!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rhona! I managed to find a UK yarn that is comparable but I really appreciate your very kind offer! Need to pop over & catch up on your blog now...

      Delete
  3. LOVE the dragon! Can't wait to see the beading! Fabulous crocheting and lovely cards. So glad to have my laptop back so I can catch up and comment on all the blogging I've missed! Hope you are well. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Glad you got your laptop sorted, I've also been disconnected for a bit so need to do a catch up too! Have a great weekend, Helen x

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!