Friday, 17 August 2012

Monthly Makes - July

Hello there and welcome! Especially to my new followers, thank you for joining me here I hope you will enjoy your visits :-) I'm sorry for the long gap between posts, hopefully now school has returned normal service will resume!
I'm not really too sure where this summer has gone to. Yesterday we enjoyed what I would call a Proper Summers' Day, I sat in the back garden with my morning cuppa basking in the warmth of the sun & feeling rather sorry for our dog & cats in their black furry coats. The back door stayed open all day, we ate supper outside & there was enough of a breeze to dry three loads of laundry over the course of the day too! It didn't quite seem real that the young people had started what I grew up calling "the autumn term" already. Today it is wet & grey with a definite autumnal feel & it is much easier to believe that we really are this far through the year. The view across the road this morning looks like this...
The hills have vanished beneath the misty rain clouds & the back door is very firmly shut! So as I sip my morning cuppa in jeans that are toasty from the dryer (bad decision not to wear my waterproof trousers when I took the dog out earlier!) my jacket is making puddles on the kitchen floor & the cats are licking themselves dry - how exactly does that work anyway? 
Today it seems reasonable to start rounding up the jobs I must finish before I start looking at Christmas projects. Yes, I did use the C word - I'm sorry, I know some of you will be cursing me now! But as I have family overseas & the last surface posting date for Christmas is usually mid October I have always started thinking about the contents of their parcels when the schools go back in August. I am not a proponent of the appearance of advent calendars in the stores at this time of year, I would rather not see Christmas things in the shops until the end of November at the earliest and when the children were young the C word (and the singing of Christmas carols) was banned in this house until after Halloween! Don't worry, I will have plenty of non- Christmassy crafts to share with you all in the coming months what with birthdays & lots of things planned for Baby H :-) Before we get into all that here is my (very late) monthly roundup collage for July...
Birthday cards, sewing, cross stitch, & a spot of crochet - July was a pretty busy month! Next week I'm hoping to share with you some of the things I have been working on so far this month, so please pop back & visit me then! Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you all have a lovely weekend :-)


6 comments:

  1. Welcome back pal! I KNEW something was missing, your BLOG...lol...Wow, loads of things kept you busy...It really doesnt seem like Fall should be just around the corner does it...I'm loving all that you have made...wish I could get my mojo back...I just seem to vegetate though! LOL...xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! This year is certainly racing by... I'm sure your mojo will come back when the weather cools down, this humidity is no fun! Have a great week xoxo

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you back Helen! Lovely makes- especially the dragon, just stunning! I've also been thinking about Christmas projects and in fact made quite a few in the first couple of months of the year so as to avoid the November panic!! Quite a lot of my close friends live overseas so I have to plan ahead like you. I look forward to seeing what you make :-) Thanks for all the comments on my blog! Have a great weekend, Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Glad I'm not the only one thinking about Christmas :) Looking forward to seeing your makes too, I am LOVING your quilt updates! Have a lovely week, Helen x

      Delete
  3. Well now I feel bad, just popped in for a catch up and realised how many posts I've missed! Sorry! I'm being stubborn and not making Christmas yet even though I really should be for building up stock, but I can't face it yet!
    Lori xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Don't worry I bet you've been really busy ;) When the Christmas mojo strikes you you will be more productive than forcing yourself into it when you don't feel like it yet. Have a lovely weekend
      Helen xxx

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!