Monday, 17 September 2012

Finally finished!

Hello there! After another really busy weekend spent working in the garden I'm taking today at a gentler pace & spending a few hours on the computer. 
Firstly I can finally show you a couple of cards that I made earlier this month. I have been waiting until after the recipients' special days in order to share them with you. Here is the Tatty Teddy card I made for my good friend Cathy's birthday...
 She is a fan of both Tatty & dragonflies so this one almost made itself! I also made an anniversary card combining cross stitch & fabric, a new (to me) idea I came across in a stitchy magazine. I think it works quite well - what do you think?
I have also been trying to finish up some projects that have been kicking around for FAR TOO LONG...
Top on that list this week was a pillowcase. I think it was around February last year that I decided to make two patchwork pillowcases to match the duvet cover I had made the previous summer. (I did mention that this project had been hanging around for a while didn't I? ;-) ) I found some instructions online for a design I really liked, began the first one, & quickly ran into a few problems - the biggest one being that my fabric had a feature panel that I envisioned sitting a certain way on the pillow but the dimensions in the pattern were really off. There were a few other issues I had with the pattern so that in the end when I struggled my way to a completed pillowcase I really could not face doing a second one straight away! I had made some scribbled notes as to how I had amended the pattern & fully intended getting on to the second one  in a week or so....before the end of the summer... well definitely before Christmas... umm... can anyone spell "procrastination"? ;-) !
Well I decided Monday was The Day to drag it all out again & finish this one. (I resisted the pun "and put this one to bed" - aren't you glad? ;-) ) I quickly discovered that I should really take better notes if I alter a pattern, and that the two plain fabrics I had used in this have really shrunk over the last year+ so that I couldn't get any useful information by measuring the completed pillowcase. I also wasted a chunk of time trying to figure out what was wrong with my sewing machine (next time I will check for a blunt needle sooner), but on Tuesday afternoon I could finally tick this one off the list. 
So would you like to see the newly finished pillowcase? OK here you are... 
Here is a look at the reverse side of both pillowcases...
... and here are the two pillows & duvet cover finally altogether on the bed :)
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you have a lovely week! I hope to be back in a few days to share some stitching progress with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!