Monday, 29 October 2012

A trio of birthday cards

Hello there!
Today I am popping in to share some birthday cards with you. Amongst all the seasonal stitching & Christmas preparations this month has been filled with it was quite nice to have a break & make birthday cards! The first one was designed for a dear Aunt who loves ladybugs & it started with the little silver charm here in the corner... can you see the tiny ladybug hanging off the leaf?
In rooting through my stamps I found these little ladybugs with an Ed the hedgehog & it went from there! I had fun practising color blending with the Promarkers to give Ed a more 3D appearance, I'm no way as good as the ones you see in the magazines but I'm getting better! I finished the card off with papers, ribbon, & candis from my stash...
Then during the holidays my daughter asked me to make two cards for friends of hers. One of things that has changed as the children have grown up has been the friends thing. When they were all little I knew all their friends, the parents/ rest of the family, etc. and while some of their friends from these days are still here, people move, change schools, and the circles they hang out in also shift as they get older. The end result being I really don't know much about some of their friends at all! So I had little to go on for these two cards. I got a little bit of help from my daughter... "Oh he's planning to go into catering & likes baking" was my brief for this one...
"She likes funky bright things" was all I got for the next one!
 Sometimes I think my son & his friends have it right "we don't do cards, that way you can spend it all on the present" !!! It certainly is easier ;-)
Thank you for all your lovely comments on the last post, I do love hearing from you! Ladybird fairy is on hold for a few days as I have some Halloween stitching I'm hoping to get finished in the next couple of days, so all being well I will be back in a few days to share that with you. Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

  1. This is a special card for a special boy. Thanks for sharing a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like it! Have a great week, Helen

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!