Saturday, 6 April 2013

Easter card making

Hello there! I haven't been anywhere near a computer in over a week but I have SO MUCH to catch you up on!!!! Apparently it's April already - (but noone told the weather, it's snowing again out there!) & I have some cards from February & March to share with you, but before Easter becomes a distant memory I thought I would share some of the Easter cards I made for friends & family this year.
I have been trying to tame my Pazzle this year and started off being very disciplined, setting aside a morning every week to try something new with it. For these first couple of cards I used it to cut templates from white card & then used my ink brushes with different colored ink pads.

The ink brushes are like big blusher brushes & give a soft, hazy effect. I also used them on the next couple of cards, but instead of cutting a template I used the embossing function of the Pazzle. These didn't come out very well in photographs but looked a lot better in person!

For this card I embossed & cut out the egg, colored it with the brushes, & then used the Pazzle to cut out a bunny from patterned paper. Some gold peeloffs & a little white pom pom for his tail finished him off! 
This is the last card I used the Pazzle for. I cut two egg shapes out of different patterned papers, backed them with pearlescent papers, and added gold peeloffs, a chipboard tag, & a wooden butterfly button... 
For the last three Easter cards I had a stamping session. I bought an Easter themed Forever Friends stamp set last summer in a sale & decided to have a play with it. I used brown ink & heat embossed it as I find that makes life a lot easier when it comes to the coloring in stage!



Thank you for visiting with me today, I hope you are having a lovely sunny weekend (well it must be shining somewhere!). I'm hoping to be back in a couple of days with those other cards I mentioned & also a spot of sewing...

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the sunshine was here with me! Lovely cards Helen, very pretty. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had the sun for your day out :) Thank you for your sweet comments, hope you are having a great week, Helen x

      Delete
  2. Lovely cards! Very sweet Forever Friends.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! Hope you are having a lovely crafty week :-) xox

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!