Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Two bunnies & a fairy...

Hello there!
It has been quite a while since we have had a cross stitching post around here hasn't it? Rather overdue actually considering I still count cross stitch as my number one crafting love! The truth is there just hasn't been much stitchy progress around here in a while, mainly due to my pesky headaches, but finally I have a finish to report! Do you remember me mentioning a Somebunny I was working on? Well the other week I put the last stitches into it & turned it into a cushion. Here it is with the matching one I made for Hubbie for his Christmas...
The idea was to make a matching pair of Somebunnies for our bed so I added our initials &, with the help of the computer, flipped the girl bunny round so they would face each other. Note - if you are going to flip a cross stitch chart remember the whole thing flips so all the symbols are the opposite way round from how they appear on the key! I had a small panic when I sat down to start stitching & couldn't find any of the symbols on the key! Here is a closer look at the newly finished Bunny with the older one back to front so you can see the fabric I picked to back them both with...
I do love that patchwork effect fabric, it's another one that I fell in love with on our trip to the States a couple years back. 
While we're talking cross stitch today I thought I would show you an update on the Ladybird Fairy...
Here she is with all the regular cross stitch complete, now on to the metallics & the back stitch! I have given up trying to work out how much longer she will take me to complete, I just don't seem to be able to get a solid run at her if you know what I mean? I guess she will have to join the list of "finished when it's finished"... So far I am getting on really well with the Q snap style frame, but as you can see this project is a bit too small width ways so I am looking forward to the next project I start on this which will be cut large enough to be secured it on all four sides...
Well that's all for today - thank you for visiting, I hope you are having a lovely week however you are spending it! 



10 comments:

  1. Cute little cushion finish! They are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, I am hoping to get more stitching done soon... have a great week!
      Helen

      Delete
  2. The pillows came out lovely and you are making great progress on your fairy. I can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary-Grace! I'm hoping for some more stitchy time soon, I would really like to get Ladybird finished soon.... Hope your week is going great?
      Helen

      Delete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the matching pillows, they're adorable! Ladybird fairy is looking fab too - good luck with the metallics! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhona :-) For some reason the Kreinik metallics don't misbehave as badly as the DMC for me so fingers crossed! I must pop over to your blog to catch up on your stitching...
      Helen

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love the Some Bunnies and the fairy stitch is just so beautiful!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph, I will need to pop over & catch up on your fabulous makes :-) xox

      Delete
  5. Hello

    just found your blog.
    Your stitching finishes are very cute. Ladybird Fairy is looking beautiful.
    Gorgeous crochet and knitting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meggie thank you for your sweet comments! I hope you will enjoy coming back here, I'm hoping to have a new post up soon,
      Helen

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!