Thursday, 25 July 2013

Finally a finish!!

Hello there!
How is your week going? After a long spell of dry, hot, humid weather it finally rained here today! Yesterday it hit 30C outside our back door but now it's feeling a lot cooler & fresher. Whilst watching the tennis during Wimbledon fortnight I was able to get on with my cross stitch WIP & I have tried to keep that momentum going since then. This has been a long time coming but I finally have a stitchy finish to share with you! Here is she is - Ladybird Fairy :-)
Here are a couple of close ups of her with all her beads & metallic threads... 
She really is a lot more sparkly than the camera picks up... 
I haven't quite decided whether to frame her or make her into a wall hanging so for the moment she is just going to sit & wait. In the meantime I have started putting a few stitches into the next UFO on my list to be finished, The Wave. This is where I had gotten up to before...
I am going to try & take regular photos & post on my progress on this one... well that's the goal at least ;-)
Thank you for visiting me here today, remember there is still time to enter my giveaway here if you haven't done so already! Have a great rest of your week :-) 

13 comments:

  1. That ladybird fairy looks awsome and your next project is progressing quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments :-) Have a great week,
      Helen

      Delete
  2. She looks amazing. Well done on your finish. I really love this chart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :-) I am love the Joan Elliot fairies, they are addictive to stitch too! Have a great week,
      Helen

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work on the ladybird fairy, she looks fantastic! Good luck with the next project, the wave. I've stitched this one myself, it looks stunning when finished :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have seen a finished The Wave & that is what is keeping me going with all the blending & such! Have a great week,
      Helen

      Delete
  4. She is utterly beautiful!!!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Steph! I do love these fairies :-) Have a great week,
      Helen xox

      Delete
  5. Stunningly gorgeous! I'm a new follower of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you said hello, I hope you enjoy your visits here :-) Have a lovely weekend!
      Helen

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that's lovely! so much hard work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! Yes, she did end up taking me a lot longer than I had planned... but I think she was worth it :-) Have a great weekend,
      Helen

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!