Thursday, 31 October 2013

A Stitchy Halloween!

Hello there and HaPpy HaLLoWeEn!!!
Today I have some more stitching to share with you. Although I haven't been very good about blogging my progress, I have kept up with the Mystery Sampler Stitch A Long being run by Paulette of Plum Street Samplers. Each part (so far) has taken me around an hour to stitch and I am really enjoying visiting her blog on a Sunday to discover what new part is the next one to go into the design. Here it is after Week 2...
Week 3...
And Week 4...
Week 5 is out but I haven't stitched it yet... However I did manage to finish my Rodeo Cowboys Cushion!! Ta-dah!!
Also in this last week I finally decided on a frame for Ladybird Fairy! I was in two minds about frame versus wall hanging but in the end opted for this frame and mount from a local store... 
I also decided it was time to put away The Wave for a little while. I'm really not into this right now and thought it would be better to get it back out when I actually want to work on it rather than feeling I should. This is where I have gotten up to...
As per my Stitchy Plans for the year I have gotten out the Christmas stocking to work on, which goes towards my goal of finishing a UFO and also makes a start on my Christmas stitching for the year (I don't know why but I'm really not feeling that Christmassy urge yet, for which I am sure I will pay later!). I will post a photo of my progress on that when I have something to show.
After months of little cross stitching this year I seem to have hit a productive streak over the last month - this is a little scissor keep I stitched for a lovely friend's birthday (follow this to Steph's beautiful blog)...
... and these are two designs I stitched up & made into Halloween cards...

I think I have finally brought you up to date with all my cross stitching now! I have a lot of sewing & knitting to share with you too, plus I still haven't gotten around to showing you inside my new sewing room! Next time, I promise :-) Until then thank you for visiting me here today, and an especially big thank you to those who take the time to leave me comments, oh and....
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! 













3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mii :-) Have a lovely week, Helen

      Delete
  2. Ahh! My lovely scissor keep ^_^ I love it.*thank you hugs* Love the Halloween stitching. That fairy is stunning. I love her lots ^_^ The cushion looks fab and the SAL is looking very sweet. I do wish I'd joined in now. XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!