Thursday, 5 February 2015

Game Over!

Hello there!
It seems a long long time ago that I started making squares for the Tetris Blanket (you can read about the start of it here but it actually began life back in July last year!) so I am more than a little excited to share these photos with you today. Here is it at the start of December...
 Bit by bit it grew...
...until at last the bricks were all in place and it just needed a border!
(Oh and about a bazillion ends sewn in!) Hubbie decided he would like a grey border, not too deep, and with a scalloped edge like the Giant Granny Stripe Blanket I made a few years back. Would you like to see how it turned out? 
Taadah!
Now you need to imagine the colors are much brighter, just turn up the intensity until that green is almost fluorescent, and the purple is the color of a bar of Cadbury's. What purple? I hear you ask. Yes well that has been the most frustrating bit of this blanket. Capturing the colors accurately with the camera. I have been through every setting on the camera, in different rooms (and the garden) in different weather conditions & they all come out looking like this (or worse).... oh and in case you are still wondering which is the purple it's the brick that is on it's own "falling" from the top! ;-)
Anyway the main thing is Hubbie finally has a blanket to call his own & I (of course) have started a new blanket! 
Thank you for visiting me here today, I hope all is good in your corner of the world and this week brings happy things your way :-)


10 comments:

  1. Oooh I so wish I could find time to learn to crochet!! I'd love to make a granny square blanket too :)
    Hubby is really lucky, his Tetris themed blanket is just fab!
    Thank you for describing the colours too... I must admit that I totally can picture a Cadbury Chocolates purple ;)
    Well done & congratulations on your latest finish xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mii! Yes, that is the eternal problem isn't it? Not enough hours in the day! Oh for a Time turner lol ;-) The only problem with multi crafting is it splits your focus & available time for each craft. There are many pluses though ;-) Have a lovely week :-)
      Helen

      Delete
  2. very cool blanket ! looks fab! Clever you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dvorah! We really must get together soon for a catch up! Have a lovely weekend,
      Helen x

      Delete
  3. What a great finish! Love your description of the purple colour....I know exactly what it looks like now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhona! Funny how that was the first thing that color reminded me off ;-) By the way I LOVE your Celtic designs in the new WOCS mag! Hope you're not suffering too badly with the snow? Have a lovely weekend,
      Helen

      Delete
  4. Tis rather awesome Helen! XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Steph! Have a beautiful weekend sweetie ^_^ XOX

      Delete
  5. Oh wow your Tetris blanket is amazing! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally! Hope all is good in your neck of the woods? Have a lovely weekend,
      Helen

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!