Saturday, 18 April 2015

With my needle (and my hook)

Hello there!
I hope you have all had a lovely Easter time? Here in the Highlands we have had some lovely sunny weather, just right for Little H to hunt for Easter eggs in our garden, and just right for sitting outside doing a little crafting in the sun :-) In my last post I showed you the sock lamb I made for Little H, this is the little crochet bunny I made for his brother for Easter...
It's taken from the very first amigurumi book I bought, (available here) & I really enjoyed working from it once again :-) I used Lily Sugar & Cream yarn so he will be really washable, always a good idea when using pale colors for little peoples' toys!
I also managed to get this little guy stitched up for my daughter for Easter...
She has loved pigs since she was little & so when I came across this design in an old issue of Cross Stitch Collection magazine I knew it was perfect for her. I stitched it on butterfly aida & used some piggy ribbon & polka dot fabrics in yellow & green to finish it as a little hanging pillow.

As you might have guessed from my scarcity of posts so far this year my migraines have not been behaving very well. When my head has been clear I have been itching to stitch over pretty much everything else so I have seized the opportunities and tried to make the most of them. In January I stitched this for my cousin's daughter's birthday...
The design is from an issue of WOCS magazine, and seemed perfect for her as she & her mom have a grumble of pugs (yup, that's the proper name for a bunch of them!). Unfortunately it appears that somewhere between Royal Mail & Canada Poste this has gotten lost in the mail, tracking numbers don't work when going from one postal service to another, & there doesn't seem anything I can do about it other then keep fingers crossed it shows up somewhere... 
Towards my goal of completing a Christmas project a month I stitched up two little cover kits and made them into cards...
The little robin is from an old Crossstitcher magazine and Boofle is from a WOCS magazine (I think?)
While my box of cover kits was out I found two designs that were perfect for Mother's Day (which is in March here in the UK). They are both from the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady range which my mother likes and I often stitch for her. One was a bookmark design...
...and the other I made into a card...
Since January I have also been putting some stitches into a big Somebunny to Love design for Hubbie. The design is called Follow My Leader & this is what it will look like eventually...
This is where I am up to now, just started the back stitch... 
This was meant to be for Valentines Day so is a little late! But I am hopeful to have it finished in the next week if my head behaves... 
Well today the blue sky is beckoning me out to the garden so I am going to go enjoy this weather while it lasts. I hope you have a lovely weekend doing something you like :-)







4 comments:

  1. Wow...you have been super busy! All your projects are wonderful. I do hope the missing parcel arrives safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhona! I have almost given up hope on the parcel, it's been 3 months, but stranger things have happened... No matter how much stitching I manage to fit in I don't think I will ever get half my "to stitch" pile done, new things arrive on it constantly like your lovely Celtic alphabet from WOCS the other month! Have a lovely weekend :-)
      Helen

      Delete
  2. YOu are so busy! I love your little crochet bunny and your adorable piggy finish! They are both perfect. Hope the migraines go away soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mii! Your lovely finishes inspired me to use the ribbon & fabric on the front of the piggy finish instead of just backing the stitching with fabric as I have done before - next I want to try adding a trim, maybe ric rac? round the edge of a little guy like this. I really love the way you finish your smalls :-) hope you have a lovely stitchy weekend,
      Helen x

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!