Wednesday, 22 July 2015

A bit of a catch up...

Hello there!
Today I'm going to share with you some of the other projects I was working on in May & June. I usually like to blog about things in the order they happen but sometimes that just doesn't work out because presents are travelling to their forever homes or I am having camera/computer issues! For example in my last post I mentioned the series of monthly smalls from Rainbow Gallery that I have decided to stitch, well when I was writing that do you think I could find the photos of the June one?????!!! Well here it is now, better late than never!
Stitched on a 14 count mushroomy colored aida with DMC colors from my stash, I picked out two little silver charms also from my stash in lieu of the suggested button, and used turquoise ric rac & organza ribbon from my jar of odds & ends (every little bit of ribbon that comes my way gets saved & stashed in that jar!). I chose this fabric from my scraps box because it reminded me of seaweed, you can see the pattern a bit better across the back...
Also in June I finally got around to finishing off the Somebunny to Love design that I completed stitching back in April with this yellow fabric...
I added a hanging sleeve to the back so a piece of wooden dowel could be threaded through to hang it up (like you do with a quilted wallhanging) and this is why the top of it is sitting up off the floor at an odd angle in this next photo...
I didn't start another big Somebunny project for Hubbie's birthday (which is right in the middle of June) but I did stitch him this little baby Somebunny for his card...
He was a cover kit sent me in a big bunch of goodies by the lovely Laura from Strawberry Mouse Crafts & as soon as I saw him I knew that was Hubbie's birthday card sorted for this year! Thank you Laura!! :-)
Thinking about birthdays I realise I never showed you the little things I made for the lovely Lori from Hippywitch Crafts when it was her birthday back in May! Ooops! Can you guess what animal she is rather partial to? First I knitted her these two little guys...
They are from the Jean Greenhowe Jiffyknits booklet & although they're small I think they have lots of personality!
Then I decided to stitch her a scissors keep & for some reason (which seemed perfectly sane at the time) I decided to try & recolor the cats to look like her two beautiful pussy cats! Trying to recreate their gorgeous colorings on tiny 10 square high cross stitch kitties was... ummm... challenging?! I'm not sure how successful/ recognisable they are but this is how they turned out...

Here's a shot with my embroidery scissors to give you an idea of the scale...
I stitched them on 28 count evenweave with DMC colors,the chart is a freebie which you can find here.
I can also share another birthday present with you now that I mentioned back here. Remember those monster feet? Well this is who they belonged to!

It's Mike from Monsters Inc.!
He is a free pattern from the wonderful Stacey at Fresh Stitches which is available here. She is my all time favorite ami designer, I just love her patterns, they are so clear & easy to follow and this one was no exception!! I also discovered during his photo shoot that he can stand up by himself by supporting himself on his fingers!

How cool is that?! He was great fun to make & is now spending his summer accompanying my six year old nephew on his daily adventures :-) 
I have a couple of other stitchy projects which I can't share with you yet but I do have a semi finish that I can show you - I finished stitching the squares for Little H's advent calendar!! Taa-dah!! 
So now begins the work of assembling it into the actual advent calendar... I will bring you pics when I'm done.
Well that's May & June covered, next time round I hope to be able to show you what I have been working on this month! Thank you for visiting with me here today, I hope you have a lovely week!


















6 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! It's smoochy poo, Mike Wazowski!!!!! :D Hilarious, I love it!!!
    You have been so productive! I love the bday card for your hubby, it's really sweet and the little June cushion finish. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Exactly!! Who says these are kids films huh?! Thank you for your sweet comments Mii, I have just been happy when I can get some stitchy time in - no matter what other crafts catch my eye cross stitch will always be my true love ;-) Have a lovely week,
      Helen x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow you have been so busy! Fantastic finishes. Love your June piece. I have a friend who would love that so I'm off to the RG website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments Sally! They have lots of goodies over on that site so enjoy ;-) Happy stitching!
      Helen

      Delete
  3. Wow! That is a lot of fabulous finishes Helen ^_^ Your Some Bunny stitching is so sweet. Awesome monster make XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you sweetie ^_^ I was happy with how Mike turned out too, it also struck me he has the same feet as Big Bird from Sesame St... now to figure out how to do the rest of him... ;-) Have a beautiful week XOX

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!