Friday, 7 July 2017

17 ufos in 2017 - June update

Hello there!
I am really late with my 17ufosin2017  post this month, mainly because I was going to miss June out. Why? Because I have not worked on a single UFO all month!!! *Hangs head in shame* There were a few reasons  excuses for this but the end result - no progress. So I thought what's the point in writing a post? Then I thought this is the half way point through the year so it might be good to have a look at The List and see where I am now.
Off of the original list I have completed numbers 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 15, 16, and 17. I also have made substantial progress on numbers 12 and 13. This leaves seven projects I haven't looked at yet and two I would like to try and work on some more before the year is out. So the updated list looks like this:

  1. Black cross stitch Christmas decorations - set of four started October 2012, one completely finished, another one and a bit now stitched
  2. Popcorn bear cross stitch - started October 2013
  3. Little knitted hedgehog - knitted 2 (or was it 3?) years ago, needs put together
  4. Yoyo pumpkin - yoyo's made, all parts cut out, needs sewn together
  5. Sugar Plum fairy -  knitted 2 (I think?) years ago needs assembled
  6. Lion for little C - partially made amigurumi started last summer
  7. Crochet bag - squares made April 2015
  8. Stocking for little H - started for his first Christmas, he will be 5 in May!
  9. The wave cross stitch - started June 2011 (my oldest UFO)
Is this still doable to finish everything by December 31? Well if I could stay away from temptation then possibly, but in the real world probably not! Especially as my favorite times to craft for are just coming up - Fall, Halloween, Christmas. I have a bunch of WIP's I need to finish and then I am going to try and be good and get some more done off the list before starting anything else!!!! Watch this space! 

6 comments:

  1. Well at least you are seeing lots that you have achieved after writing this blog. LOL Love your shawl keep them as one day when the cold gets you when siting at the computer blogging you will love to sling it around your shoulders I know as I'm at that age now LOL Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenda! There are definitely times when looking back to see how far you've come spurs you on to tackling what still lies ahead - well that's what I'm hoping! Oh I think I will have a whole pile of shawls before I'm done, probably the only reason I haven't used them is I also have a huge pile of blankets within easy reach & often snuggle under them whilst stitching/ knitting/ writing/ crocheting more blankets LOL Have a great week,
      Helen

      Delete
  2. You've done fantastically well, clearly half your projects at half way through the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! I'm hoping this will spur me on and help me stay away from temptation.... have a great week,
      Helen

      Delete
  3. Oh well, I am sure you are entitled a month off, no??! :) You have been really productive with the first half of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! Yes, as long as it doesn't stretch into two months lol I really need to refocus and stay on track and away from temptation... easier said than done right?! Have a great week,
      Helen

      Delete

Thank you for your message - I love hearing your comments & ideas!