After the success of the 17 ufos in 2017 project last year it took me all of 5 minutes to decide to participate in Meredithe and Anne's new challenge for 2018. It's called 6&6 in 2018 and basically you pick 6 old or ufo projects to work on over the year and 6 new projects which take your fancy. This is extremely convenient for me as I have 5 ufos left from last year's 17 plus one project which has become a ufo in the last few months :-) So my list for my 6 old/ufo's is:
- Black Christmas cross stitch decoration - last one in the set of four to finish.
- Little knitted hedgehog - knitted three or possibly four? years ago needs put together.
- Sugar Plum Fairy - knitted three? years ago needs assembled.
- Popcorn Bear cross stitch - started October 2013
- The wave cross stitch - started June 2011, saw substantial progress last year can I get a finish this year?
- Snuggly snowflake mittens - started here they really deserve to come out of that time out and get finished now!
- Woodland Blanket CAL - since Lucy's first post about this I have been dying for this to start!
- Advent calendar for Little C - after making this advent calendar for his big brother I have been meaning to get started on one for him.
- Stocking for Little C - again, now his big brother has one it's his turn (and I plan to start this early in the year!!)
- Star Trek quilt for Hubbie - fabric for this has been accumulating since 2014 and I had planned on getting this done for his birthday last year, and then for his Christmas...
- Olaf quilt for dear daughter - fabric for this has also been accumulating since 2014 but I think she would still be surprised if she actually got a finished quilt this year! ;-)
- Moab blanket - I have been playing with yarn pegs and an idea since April last year to make a blanket inspired by one of my favorite landscapes and using Lucy's Cosy Stripe pattern.
Of course I am going to start lots of other new things over the course of the year - there is not a sock in sight on either of those lists for a start! - but I would really love to have all 12 of these projects completed by year's end so am going to try and prioritize these.
Thank you for visiting with me today, I hope you will come back often in 2018 to see how I'm getting on with this?! By the way it's not too late to join in if you like this idea!!